Last week the Dow Jones jumped more than 700 points and is still climbing; the Federal Reserve said it wasn’t considering raising interest rates anytime soon; the December job numbers blew way past the predicted 176,000 to more than 312,000; U.S. manufacturers say they are experiencing their best phase in two decades; and unemployment is reported at all time lows, particularly for blacks and Hispanics who are enjoying their best job prospects ever.
All this good news comes while the federal government is shutdown. So, who needs it! With the exception of the military and law enforcement organizations including border patrol, ICE, TSA, federal prison officials and air traffic controllers, the nation is better off without these unelected faceless, burdensome, overpaid, “nonessential” bureaucrats who do nothing but get in our way.
Donald Trump is doing what he promised — cutting a bloated government, ripping out mindless and business-stifling regulations, attempting to build a border wall, fixing the economy and draining the massive federal government swamp.
Because Democrats won the majority of seats in the House this past election, they’ve begun employing their traditional fascist tactics to misuse government institutions for their political ends. And because most media serve as the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party, there are no protests from them, just blind support. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s and House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s rebuttal to the President’s Tuesday night address on why the border wall is necessary, looked like a Saturday Night Live skit of two con artists trying to pitch their program of radicalized fury, dishonesty, and hysteria together with their attitude that anyone who doesn’t buy it is irrational, oppressive, racist, and stupid. Both of these hypocrites openly supported and voted for a wall in 2008 and voted funds for one again last March. These two liberal frauds have been further cowed by their party’s newly elected, far-left, nutty socialists and are outright bold-faced liars.
The key function of the U.S. government is to protect its citizens. The Democrat’s refusal to protect us from an illegal immigrant invasion and insisting on cutting military funding is proof they don’t give a rip about protecting Americans or anything else other than preventing Donald Trump from succeeding in the job he was elected to do….protect American citizens.
And based on comments I’ve heard and read, the American public is desperately going to need protection, particularly from this current crop of Democrats, who appear to suffer from mass hysteria, Tourette syndrome, and terminal stupidity. For example:
- Hank Johnson (D-GA): “Donald Trump and his Make America Great Again followers…are older, less educated, less prosperous, and they are dying early. Their life spans are decreasing, and many are dying from alcoholism, drug overdoses, liver disease, or simply a broken heart.” He cited no sources for his dim-witted, incoherent rambling. Remember, this is the same loony tune that in a recent speech posted online by the NAACP compared the President to the Nazi leadership responsible for the killing of six million Jews during World War II. This is also the same fruit-loop who once expressed concern during a Congressional hearing that the island of Guam could capsize due to an overpopulation of U.S. troops.
- Rashida Tlaib, Michigan’s newly elected Democrat representative from the 13th Congressional District, who took her oath of office on a Koran, speaking at an event in Michigan replayed a conversation she had with her son about the president saying to her addled cheering supporters: “When your son looks at you and says: ‘Momma, look you won, bullies don’t win,’ and I said, ‘Baby they don’t, because we’re gonna go in and impeach the motherf—–.’” I’m sure her son is proud of his foul-mouthed mom, who also recently made her anti-Israel sentiments well known.
- Newly elected socialist darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who is battling her counterparts Maxine Waters (D-CA) and Hank Johnson (D-GA) for the title of “America’s Dumbest” human being, added to her point total last week advocating tax rates on the “super wealthy” of 60-70 percent “to pay for her proposed ‘green agenda.'” On 60 Minutes Sunday she said that no doubt Trump is a racist because he uses “dog whistles of white supremacy”, meaning she has no evidence whatsoever. She also added that being morally right is more important than being factually correct. This pathetic woman, who has a perpetual “deer-caught-in-the-headlights” look and claims unemployment is low “because everybody has two jobs” is a knee-slapping, laugh-a-minute until you realize she’s actually a member of Congress, and not Lucy Arnez.
- Jennifer Wexton (D-VA) posted the transgender flag outside of her office. (Yes, they have a flag.)
- The Arizona Republic reported that newly elected Senator, Democrat Kyrsten Sinema, who said during her campaign that joining the Taliban and fighting Americans was OK, refused to take her oath of office on the Bible. Instead she used a law book. The Republic said she made history by becoming the first openly bisexual person in the U.S. Senate. I don’t know if being bisexual is a good thing or a bad thing, but if she’s single it significantly increases her odds of getting a Friday night date. Also, which Senate restroom does she use? And if she’s married, is she married to a guy and a gal and if only to one, is she still bisexual? This is all very confusing to me.
- Democrats talk incessantly about “diversity” and “representation,” but still want to kill the Electoral College, an ingenious concept that best ensures both when it comes to those who hold power over the rest of us. On the first day Democrats took control of the House of Representatives, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) did just that by submitting a bill to kill the Electoral College, that if it passed would mean the majority liberal voters in the populous states of New York and California would determine who becomes President. Terrifying? What do you think?
- California Democrat Rep. Brad Sherman used his first day in office to file an impeachment resolution against Trump. Sherman introduced an identical bill in 2017, charging that Trump obstructed justice when he fired FBI Director James Comey. Like the rest of the craziness from the left, his bill will go nowhere as fortunately the Senate is still controlled by the GOP. Sherman’s nonsense is just another waste of time and an attempt to stifle the voices of the 63 million Americans that voted for Donald Trump.
The above sampling of left-wing lunacy confirms that the Democrat Party desperately needs an exorcism. In addition to attempting to impeach the President because they don’t like him or his demeanor, adding nonsensical and stifling regulations, raising taxes, enabling third world masses to pour across our border, creating sanctuary cities and providing entitlement money to illegals, what do Democrats care about? It’s obvious it isn’t Americans and America. Maybe they should focus on mental illness, since so many in their party appear to suffer from it. To them any ideas other than their own beliefs that everyone — including illegals — should get free college, a guaranteed income, free housing, healthcare and a pony is just craaaazy talk.
Stop to think about it. Wouldn’t a sane society have put Nancy Pelosi — a cross between Marie Laveau and Eva Peron — out to pasture long ago, as far as possible from the halls of government? Instead they elect her Speaker of the House in charge of a group of sociopaths who want to take away citizens’ guns while embracing the nation of Islam’s anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan, anti-police Black Lives Matter louts, and Antifa thugs with black ski masks who advocate revolution, while roaming the streets and terrorizing the population. These people are pushing the envelope of human depravity. Think Adam Schiff, James Clyburn, Barbara Lee, Hakeem Jeffries, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Sheila Jackson Lee, etc.
When dealing with people like these the country is fortunate to have Donald Trump. “Dignity” and “collegiality” aren’t qualities conservative voters should look for in their elected representatives because they’re useless when dealing with this crowd. Instead of a timid Republican Senate led by wimpy, mealy-mouthed, Mr. Magoo look-a-like, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, we need leaders who’ll fight. For example, Ulysses Grant was a drunk whose behavior in peacetime might have resulted in him being drummed out of the Army. Had Abraham Lincoln fired Grant, the Democrats might well still be holding their slaves today. Lincoln rightly said: “I cannot spare this man. He fights.” Conservatives need such people.
In his recent book “Erasing America: Losing Our Future While Destroying Our Past” author James S. Robbins sums up the values held by today’s Democrats that were fostered by its far left base writing: “Their politics have been overwhelmed by an entirely radical way of thinking — no compromise, no limits, no prisoners. Extreme ideas have fostered extreme behavior. In the politics of massive resistance, the end justifies the means….progressives see themselves as avenging angels sent to root out iniquity.”
So, while Donald Trump may not display dignity, collegiality and propriety neither do Liberals, who have consistently been engaged in eye-gouging, bare-knuckles street fighting in their war against America outlined for them by Saul Alinsky — the left’s Joseph Goebbels — in his book “Rules for Radicals.” In the book “The KinderGarden Of Eden: How The Modern Liberal Thinks And Why He’s Convinced That Ignorance Is Bliss” author Douglas Sayet says Trump is like World War II General George Patton standing over the battlefield as his tanks obliterated Rommel’s and shouting: “You magnificent bastard, I read your book!”
Like the Democrat leadership, President Trump is not dignified, moral, or diplomatic, but he’s keeping his promises, getting things done while fighting for Americans, not against them. Democrats are frightened, fuming and frustrated because he’s succeeding using their tactics.
The next two years will be interesting. But I’m betting the majority of Americans will opt for security and prosperity in the form of low unemployment, lower taxes, smaller government, a stronger military and a safer, more secure border.
Speaking Of Democrats: Is it just me or does Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) always sound like she’s out of breath when she speaks? As the first major Democrat to announce her 2020 candidacy for President I hope she’s successful as the nominee as she is a hardcore ideological fanatic and — like Hillary Clinton — not a warm, relatable, or likable person…even among the Cherokee Nation, which has told her to knock off claiming to be one of them. The YouTube video of her husband refusing to share a beer with her is fun to watch.
What’s Wrong With This Picture? This past November Jason King, 34, was arrested in Fernandina Beach for fraudulent use of a credit card. He is also suspected of being involved in a string of thefts and car burglaries. According to a January 5 Fernandina Beach Police Department media release Wesley Zane Twiggs, 20, was arrested after confessing to posting threats online that read: “My name is Wesley Twiggs and I am going to shoot up Fernandina Beach High School on January 15th. I will be on the news … so you better keep these messages if you want anyone to believe that this conversation took place.” Guess which one is still in jail and which one was released on a $25,000 bond? If you guessed the professed school shooter is still incarcerated you’re wrong. He was out in a flash, granted bond by 4th Judicial Circuit Nassau County Court Judge Wesley R. Poole. The alleged credit card thief is still cooling his heels in the Nassau County slammer under a “no bond” warrant. I’m confused about this, and if I had kids in the local school system I’d be nervous, anxious, angry and asking a lot of questions, particularly in light of all the recent school shootings. The Law Office of Bossen and Jamieson that was retained to represent Twiggs said in a press release: “Our client and his family have fully cooperated with law enforcement in this matter, and Wesley is currently receiving in-patient treatment in a residential facility out of the area.” Why doesn’t that make me feel comfortable?
Things I Wish I’d Said: “The worst thing about accidently waking up at 4 a.m. is realizing that there are people who actually do that on purpose so they can start exercising.” – anonymous.
It Doesn’t Add Up: The rule that “terms that have exactly the same variable are like terms” may be a proven mathematical theory, but it apparently doesn’t apply as far as genders are concerned, particularly according to those involved with the LGBTQIA community. After reading a news report recently about folks attending a “gender reveal” function I was puzzled. It wasn’t explained what gender was revealed, who or what was revealing their gender, what kind of gift one takes to such an event, not did it mention anything about the guest of honor’s existing or nonexistent variables. In addition to the nutty LGBTQIA alphabet soup, we have now been introduced to “gender-neutral” pronouns xyr, xth and x, — not even words — to not offend anyone who might be offended and to thoroughly confound those in a hurry to use a public toilet. What do we do now about those restroom signs in some deep south bars that allude to “Pointers” and “Setters” or coastal ones saying “buoys” and “gulls”? It’s all so bewildering.
Somebody Else Up There Loves You: Reading the obituary of Herb Kelleher (1931-2018), former CEO and Chairman of Southwest Airlines, I learned that for a couple of months in the early 1970’s Southwest was the largest liquor distributor in the state of Texas. In response to competitors price cuts the then fledgling airline offered a fifth of whiskey to each of its passengers. Personally, I recall using a change machine located at a Southwest gate at Dallas’ Love Field, inserting a dollar bill and receiving $1.05 in coins. This was Kelleher’s answer to the change machines at the newly opened Dallas-Fort Worth Airport that gave customers 95 cents for their dollar in 1973. I also recall Southwest’s tagline “Somebody Else Up There Loves You” and stewardesses wearing hot pants. Thanks to Mr. Kelleher Southwest was and still is a fun, customer oriented, and profitable airlines, and my preferred choice.
Garbage Can Blues: The old blues song “Garbage Man Blues” could easily be changed to “Garbage Can Blues” hereabouts as our streets and garages are suddenly littered with colorful garbage and recycling cans thanks to someone at City Hall who decided to provide us all with new blue cans while leaving the old ones behind. I don’t want to appear ungrateful, but from our personal experience and conversations I’ve had with many neighbors and other locals the current gray and green ones still have plenty of use left in them. And why not pick up the old ones when delivering the new ones instead of waiting until January 14 or later? The city says there will be no increase in fees so whose idea was this and who paid for these new containers that nobody requested? No increase in fees? We’ll see if that’s just trash talk.